Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Friday, February 16, 2007

Yet another post about socks.

Another pair of socks completed:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Simply Lovely Lace Socks from last spring's IK. (I bought this spring's IK, but that' a topic for a different time.) I like these socks, although I will wait until it's a little warmer to wear them. They're an easy knit, not entirely mindless but not really complex. I did lengthen the leg by about 1.5 inches, and switched to an eye of partridge heel, which I find much denser than straight slip-stitch heels. Here's a closeup of the pattern stitch:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And I signed up for Sock Madness, so there will be even more sock posts in my future. I don't expect to win - I'm really just in it for the patterns. I will do my best in the competition, but I really see myself as a mid-major - depending on matchup and game day performance, I may surprise myself and go far, or just make it through a round or two. Plus, I hope to bust some of my stash - which isn't huge in comparison to many, but could still use a little editing.