Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Friday, December 02, 2005

Meh.

It's that kind of weather. It's that kind of life.

I dug up my mosaic swatch from the Patons/Spinrite seminar:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It looks better in the picture than it does in person, but I still don't think it looks good. My guess is that there isn't enough contrast for my taste, but I don't feel like experimenting right now. I'm too busy knitting socks:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's a completed sock (the ends are even woven in!) and one half of the leg for the second. I finished sock one late last night and cast on for two at sit and knit today. It's always fun, but it does point out my age (and relative lack thereof.) They're all "Oooh, I wouldn't order yarn online" whereas I will buy what I want where I can. That said, I am seriously contemplating this sweater in Hyacinth. Like I don't have one half-finished sweater, the yarn for three more plus shawls and socks and hats and gloves lying about. Only time will tell.