Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like...

a holiday I am considering a boycott of the name. The endless crap flying over whether or not you can wish someone a "Merry Christmas" is enough to piss me off. I'm wishing people "Happy Hanukkah" or "Merry Solstice" instead. The capper on this particular issue was the "Mayor's Corner" in our local paper. Now, I am more than aware that our mayor is an idiot. However, I wasn't aware that he was a xenophobic asshole until this particular item (immigrants should suck it up or leave.) I REALLY want to find him and wish him something other than "MC," solely to determine his reaction. If he's so bloody entitled to wish all and sundry "MC," then the reverse should be true as well. I don't think he'd see it that way.

Anyway, on to pictures of pretty finished items! First, the Natural Ribby shell:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Soft and oh-so-comfy if it wasn't so damned cold right now. I also washed up Dad's Christmas present hat:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I did my decreasing in a different manner from the pattern - I only glanced and decreased on the last two stitches on the dpn, instead of the first two. Does it make a huge difference? No - the decreases run along a twisted knit stitch instead o a purl stitch. Mere cosmetic twitchery. It also looks cute on:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I actually tried taking a picture earlier, but I looked like death warmed over. Therefore, I took a shower and put on makeup before taking the pictures. However, when compared to a real model, I look funny:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Why, yes, I am rather addicted to "America's Next Top Model" - cycles/seasons 1 and 2 run in endless repetition at 2 am. Fine vacuous TV for that hour. Now, Project Runway has far more substance - or at least it did last year. I don't know about this year's version because NO CANADIAN NETWORK IS RUNNING IT YET!! Idiots. That's appointment TV, and it's damn hard to avoid spoilers. (I know whereof I speak. I managed to avoid "Veronica Mars" spoilers until I had one more week to go, and then I read Entertainment Weekly's blurb which gave away the killer. Damn, damn, damn.)

I finally got around to ordering my swift, so it may or may not make it in time for unwrapping on the 25th. I do believe I'm also getting a ballwinder. I left my points card and the 15% discount card for Dad, and he came home claiming no one at the shop knew what a ballwinder was, but only the points card came back. Ahh, the lies we tell to try and create a surprise.