Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Friday, November 04, 2005

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket

It's been a winning period here at casa habsgirl. I won sock yarn and a pattern from Amanda, which arrived today:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's Fiber Trends' Walking Away Socks pattern and 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl. The prize was originally supposed to be Lorna's Laces in Irving Park, but due to erratic mail service in Louisiana, Amanda didn't yet have it. Instead, she offered my option of something out of her stash or having her order something of my choice. She had the Black Purl, I wanted Black Purl, so everything worked out perfectly.

And in today's e-mail bin was a notification that I won preview passes to Pride and Prejudice. So next Wednesday, Mommy and me will toddle off to the movies! (Yes, I know that sentence is not grammatically correct - but I think it's funny, therefore it stays.) It's rare for me to spot these kind of things, and they're usually for movies that I don't want to see, so I'm happy. Y'all can keep Colin Firth - I'll take the new Darcy any day. Matthew MacFayden, mmmmmm.

(I'm busy finishing a bunch of stuff, so the next entry should be nothing but finished objects.)