Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Zib Strikes Again!

1. Total Number of Books in Your House: A two-part answer. I personally own somewhere between 800 and 1000 books. A large number are currently living in the garage, because it was them or me! My parents own 4000+. So the total is somewhere around 5000 books in the house.

2. The Last Book You Bought Was:
Morning in America : How Ronald Reagan Invented the 1980's by Gil Troy. Troy was one of my college professors, and a damned good one. I took senior level history classes as my electives my last two years - I actually had to postpone a major-required course to take Troy's class, but it was worth it. I have both of his previous works on US history, See How They Ran, which I have yet to get through and Affairs of State, which I devoured in a day and a half in the window seat of a honors dorm room at Princeton. (To be fair, there were no chairs in the room.)

(Yes, I'm defensive. Miss uber-liberal does not normally purchase books on Ronald Reagan, OK?)

3. What did you last read right before getting tagged?
Last book finished was A Cup of Light by Nicole Mones. I had read her previous book in a book group and really liked it. I had meant to pick this up in paperback earlier and never got around to it (It didn't help that I moved away from Portland, where she lives. Much less likely to be featured in an Ottawa bookstore.) I bought it a few weeks ago when I saw it on the remaindered shelves.

Currently reading Entombed by Linda Fairstein. Mom has it out of the library, I've read and liked her previous stuff, so why the hell not. I started it last night, and will probably finish it tonight.

4. Write down 5 (or 6) books you often read, or that mean a lot to you.
Frequent rereads include A Little Princess and The Secret Garden
by Frances Hodgson Burnett, the Cherry Ames series, Ballet Shoes and Apple Bough by Noel Streatfeild and Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streetsby David Simon. Most of those are childhood favorites - no, not Homicide. I love the book, and always see new things in it.

5. Who are you going to pass the stick to (three people) and why?
Anyone who wants it. Most of the people I can think of off the top of my head have already done this, and I'm too lazy to search out new victim... err ... targets.

(Zib, Inishmore was the Alice Starmore sweater I was working on in January and February. Here's the picture of the back:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
. A picture of it actually on me is forthcoming. Batteries in the camera and everything!)