Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Shriek.

I started this (by which I mean I plugged in the meme/quiz) earlier in the day. Now I'm just pissed off - it was band night, and Chris had managed to fuck up his folder again. This time I left the building and shrieked (I can see how primal scream therapy works) and let off a long string of cussing, then noticed the old lady across the street. I apologized for my language and went back inside. I may have to move, because I can't stand being near him. His total incompetence grates on me.

Anyways, saw this elsewhere and liked it.






which art movement are you?

this quiz was made by Caitlin

I always thought I was a Renaissance woman! Found at Purls Beyond Price.

Purls Beyond Price is also this source of more Secret Pal information:

What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I've been knitting mostly sweaters lately. I like items that hold some degree of practicality for me. Sweaters are good, socks not so much. I wear socks as little as possible. I seem to have oddly shaped feet and pretty much every pair of shoes that are not open-backed cause blisters. Ugly bleeding blisters. Making nice socks pointless. I like relative instant gratification, so you don't frequently find me with itsy-bitsy needles, but you also don't find me knitting with tree trunks either. I tend to range from DK to Aran weights. Endless stockinette gets boring, but if that's what's called for, I suffer through it.

What are you knitting right now? My Onde Kimono. I'm either 50% done or 25% done. I need to lay out both sides and see if they are the same size. I have a nagging feeling that they aren't. If so, I will try to run by my LYS for advice/sympathy. I cast on for the second cat pad cover, but that was mostly so I had knitting to keep me from attacking Chris. Didn't really work. I have the yarn for a DNA scarf for my dad for Christmas, but I didn't want to try and set a cable at practice. Plus the Waterspun comes in hanks, which need to be wound. (Yes, I got yarn today - pictures will come soon - too tired to deal with camera tonight.)

What do you think about ponchos? (this is really a curiousity(sic) question for us) Ponchos are ugly hideous things that I don't want to be anywhere near. If you want to wear one, no skin off my nose. Just don't make me.

Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars. Generally metal - INOX from when I lived in the States and Aeros now that I'm in Canada. I don't notice much of a difference between the two, but my LYS occasionally has INOXs, and I buy those if they are there. I have one set of bamboo circulars, bought for Honeymoon - they're OK, but nothing spectacular. I also have a set of Addi Turbos, bought in the US because it was the only set my LYS had in the size I needed. I don't see a difference between these and my INOXs/Aeros.

How did you learn to knit? My mother taught me sometime in late elementary school (somewhere around Grade Six or Seven.) She has no recollection of teaching me. I also remember asking my grandmother to teach me how to knit, and it must have been around this time, or earlier (she died somewhere around this time.) She refused because she didn't hold the yarn properly. Ironically, I don't either - the yarn dangles when I'm not throwing it around the needle. I can't stand it running through my fingers, because I just end up in tangles (which does occur on the rare occasions I crochet, because I do try to wind it through my fingers.)

How old is your oldest UFO? Kimono - maybe a month or a month and a half. I try to be good about finishing things up in a reasonable amount of time. Both Rogue and Salt Peanuts need some tweaking, but they *could* be worn in a pinch - actually I've worn Rogue a couple of times.