Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Friday, June 18, 2004

I'm actually having a productive period!

I've been a busy little bee recently. Some of it fun, some of it not so fun.

I have finished the sleeves of Salt Peanuts, and started the left front! The lace rib was done last night while watching a middle of the night rerun of CSI Miami. Boy, David Caruso wasn't nearly as irritating early on in the series as he is now. Admittedly, I don't watch it much (Queer as Folk airs in the same timeslot up here), but the times I have caught it, he's just full of himself. And the intro for CSI New York really showed it. It would have been so much better to have William Peterson and Gary Sinise opposite each other. Oh well.

I updated my parents' book list. Sort of. I grabbed everything off the shelves that I thought was newish, and added it. Grabbed a few extra, missed a few, and determined we should do all our book shopping online, because then I can just check the order lists, and look up page data at Amazon. I don't feel too bad about missing books, because I know there's all sorts of books missing from before I did things. Plus I corrected a title. Dad had Toni Morrison's Jazz listed as The Jazz Funeral. Not even close. You have to wonder.

I added the Anna Karenina read-along button. It's actually being (very) temporarily bumped, because the new Kathy Reichs book (Monday Mourning) arrived today, and I MUST READ IT IMMEDIATELY! It's back to Montreal for Tempe - yay! It won't take more than a few hours to read, so I should be able to get back to Anna tomorrow. I'll take it with me into the city, so I have options - knitting and reading.

I'm now anxiously awaiting a shipment of yarn - my Onde. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted the Jeans/Ciel colorway, but they only had two balls of the Jeans left, so I switched to Jacinthe/Blanc. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Once I post this (and surf the ring), I shall block Rogue and the sleeves of Swell so those can be finished in the near future. They shall be done before I start on Kimono. Famous last words, considering I wasn't going to order the yarn until those were done, but desperate times called for desperate measures!