Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Late night thoughts

Before I go wash for bed - not that I'm planning to go to sleep (will watch "Pieces of April" and work on Salt Peanuts' sleeves), just a few thoughts.

Went out to dinner with my parents tonight, to the local Greek restaurant. Wasn't bad, wasn't great. I really didn't want to go, but Dad would have gotten all grumpus, and I'm trying not to create grumpus moods. He's being a grumpus most of the time, anyway. He elbowed me in the head a few times when he came into the computer room for CDs (we are not talking about child abuse - human equivalent of a gnat buzzing around your head), and that seemed to make him happy.

Ordered yarn that I wasn't going to yet. Nipped over to Knit'n'tyme to ogle the Phil'Onde, which I wasn't going to order until I had finished Rogue and Swell. Then I saw those dreaded words - "Discontinued!" EEEEEEKKKK! So I ordered what I need for Kimono. Tomorrow, I will start blocking and sewing. I also need to finish Salt Peanuts' sleeves before Saturday, since the bus into Ottawa for the band concert leaves at 9:30 am, and we don't play until 11:30 (I think - must check). Therefore, I would like to be knitting just one item, as opposed to a pair of sleeves. Due to the complexity of the collar, I will actually do the two fronts separately, where I would normally do them both at the same time.

Joined the Knittyheads ring. Which might just mean someone might read this other than me!!!