Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Monday, April 03, 2006

R.I.P.

iPod 3/28/06-3/29/06. Died of undetermined causes. Returned to Apple for autopsy and possible resuscitation.

Yes, my iPod died within 36 hours of coming home with me. Add that to the camera, and I was starting to worry about any electrical devices near me. Nothing else has died yet.

I'm busy importing the contents of my CD collection into itunes for the return of the iPod, and I'm up to the Hs right now, and will start the Ls (I'm going one cube at a time.) A long and boring process, although I'm listening to stuff I haven't listened to in years.

The Spring Leaves socks are coming along. The main pattern is the Embossed Leaves socks from the Winter 2005 Interweave Knits, using Koigu I obtained in a trade with Amanda/Clothesknit. (If I had a camera, I'd show you what it all looks like.) I've made some modifications - a picot cast-on instead of the tubular one in the pattern, because the tubular ended up too tight to get over my mother's heel; a standard slip-stitch heel flap instead of the garter stitch one used; an extra 4 stitches added (in hindsight, not really necessary once I switched the cast-on, but oh well); a pattern repeat cut out of the foot and three extra rows added in the toe. It's a nice lace pattern. I have also done a tiny bit of end weaving on Bias, but there are still oodles to weave. Yuck.

Nothing else of import to report.