Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Saturday, September 10, 2005

There is something to be said for instant gratification

Sophie is all done! (I'm skipping blocking as directed because watching me attempt to cut cardboard into the proper shape was highly entertaining, but not productive.) A before and after view, with Vogue Knitting being used to give a size perspective:
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Sophie is intended as a small-project bag, and should work nicely. It's nice to just whip something out rapidly. The Potluck Worsted felted well and quickly - just one cycle through the machine and there's no stitch definition left. My other felting attempts (Lopi and Lite-Lopi) required several cycles. I've still got another skein of the Potluck, plus some left over from the bag (I was concerned that I wouldn't, because I increased the height), so maybe I'll felt something. Or not. Time will tell.