Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Happy yet Sad Day

I'm squeeing with happiness (a rare occurence, let me tell you), 'cause Servia won the race.

That said, I'm completely pissed off at the universe, because Mission Falls is closing up shop at the end of the year. The cotton was discontinued this spring, and continuing mill problems are resulting in full closure. I LOVE the 1824 wool, and now have to buy a god-awful amount of it for this winter's sweater plans in one shot (I would have bought them as I was ready to slot the sweater into the knitting schedule). I know I'm being overly paranoid, but there isn't a decent substitute locally available. Plus, it was one of the few yarns at my LYS that was worth buying (in my oh-so-humble opinion. YMMV.) It had a great range of colors (and are adding to them for the next few months.) Totally sucks. Combine that with the fact that Patons is slowly knocking off its basic sensible yarn lines in favor of novelty shit, and it's not looking good for the Canadian classic knitter. Fuck.