Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Odds and Ends

I was going to blog yesterday, but ran into a slight problem:

That's Princess Carolina's head peeking above the keyboard tray. What you don't see is that she's flopped over my left arm. I can't do more than minimal typing with one hand, so no blog.

Sitcom Chic is nearing completion - the underarms are grafted, I just need to weave in ends and pick up the front bands and the neck band, and then steam/block/whatever. I watched a movie last night (The Saddest Music in the World, very good and slightly odd - typical of Maddin's work), and since I watch movies in the dark, working on Sitcom was a no-go. I pulled some leftovers from the bin, and did this:

What the hell is that, you ask? It's a swatch of part of Inishmaan - if you scroll down to the detail picture of the front, it's the edges of the picture. Mine only has one knot (at the bottom) because (a) I'm not a big fan of knots and bobbles, and wanted to see what it looked like without and (b) the one knot I did was so hellaciously ugly I wasn't going to repeat it. I'm waiting for a big box of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran to arrive from Elann, destined to be either a cropped Inishmore (although not that cropped) or Inishmaan. I bought enough to make the regular length Inishmore in my chosen size (I get to make a small because her sweaters are so freakin' enormous!), which will cover either of my choices. I won't start it for a while, so I can mull/fret/agonize over my choice for months!

I took this picture in the middle of last week, simply because I haven't been getting much out of my hair:

One perfect ringlet! The rest of my hair looked like crap, but that one chunk did something lovely. It's been 9 or 10 months since my last haircut, and I should go, but I'm just avoiding it. My hair spends most of its time in a ponytail or braids, depending on how much fiddling I feel like doing.

You may have noticed a new addition to the sidebar - what I'm currently reading. I haven't been reading much, and think a little public humiliation might work (hey, I finished off Eats, Shoots and Leaves, so it's already working!)

Time to go - almost time to watch FAR too much television (Sunday nights see me watch 4 straight hours of TV - I'd only watch three, but by the end of that, I'm useless and Crossing Jordan gives much opportunity to mock.)