Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Friday, August 13, 2004

More Finished Stuff!

I finished the Baguette today while watching preliminary qualifying for Denver on the computer. Which is where I'll be watching all my racing this weekend, since neither Canadian channel is showing the race live. Anyways, here's a picture of the completed bag:

I'm going to pick up some plastic canvas, because the bottom and sides should hang better with some reinforcement (there's a reason the bag is lying down for its moment in the sun!)

In other news, I went to the movies twice in two days! I saw "Fahrenheit 9/11" with my mother Wednesday night and "The Village" last night by myself. Both were OK. "Fahrenheit" made some leaps without evidence that bothered me, although I do agree with a lot of what Moore has to say. Call me a bleeding-heart liberal if you desire - I do! The big twist in "The Village" - I figured it out about 15 minutes into the movie. It was just so obvious to me. I sort of had the same problem with "The Sixth Sense," but in that case, I knew the big twist. The local movie reviewer seemed to assume that anyone reading the review of "Memento" would have already seen "The Sixth Sense." Whoops. However, there is a deeper message in "The Village" - total isolation does not mean an idyllic society.

I also watched the last two episodes of season 3 of "Oz" - love that show, and wish I had found it earlier. Excellent stories, well-done acting, and lots of male flesh. What else could a girl need in a TV show?