Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Big Fall Cable-y Project...

...isn't what I thought it was going to be. I had decided I was going to do Cromarty, and was trying to decide what to knit it in. But other cable temptation jumped up and cried "No! You want to knit me! No more sweaters! Me!"



(If you don't recognize this, this is the "Sweet and Lowdown Chair" by Veronik Avery in the fall Interweave Knits.) So I thought, "I'll just look for the yarn - see what the price of the Fisherman's Wool is." Didn't find it at Wal-Mart. Today, Mom and I headed to Ikea to see if we could get instructions in how to fix little brother's couch (the springs have begun to sprung). There's a Michael's in the same strip mall. And seven skeins followed me home. I'll pick up the chair when I'm well into the knitting, since that will be a while (it's too hot to knit with wool in August.)

Then I have to find somewhere for the chair to live when it's done, other than the garage...