Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Time for another week already?

Yeesh. I did get some knitting done this weekend, although not a lot. I finished the first quarter of Kimono, and then discovered a little problem. I did the ribbing on the larger needles, not the smaller needles. I'm still debating whether or not I want to rip out THE ENTIRE thing and fix it. I'm leaning towards leaving it, but the perfectionist in me is whining. Therefore, I will cast on for my baby blanket (the acrylic seems to have softened up using conditioner - because it's what I had) tonight while I watch TV.

My brother is being a pain in the butt. He is taking off for the long weekend (going to Trois-Rivieres for the Grand Prix), but he won't let me use his apartment to escape the stupid music festival being held in the park in my neighborhood. Meanie. I wonder if "the idiot planned a music festival in my front yard" is a reasonable defense for murder. The mayor, not my brother.

I have to go play in a stupid parade in the middle of nowhere this weekend. The only reason I'm doing it is that I ran a quick pricing estimate on the yarn I want for my fall project, and it about gave ME a heart attack - it very well may give Mom one. Therefore, must be on bestish behavior. However, after other band practice tonight, I was talking to someone who is also in both bands, and he was all "You're in the band. You should be playing this gig." I pointed out that (a) I didn't vote to take this gig; (b) I have been very clear that I wasn't planning on playing this gig and (c) I HATE PARADES! This is a fact that seems to astonish people. In the context of playing, they tend to come back with "But we're not marching - we're on a float!" I start feeling like the guy in"Green Eggs and Ham."

I do not like them on the foot, I do not like them on a float, I do not like them in the audience, I do not like them on TV. Is it so hard to believe that I do not like parades, Sam I Am?
(numerous apologies to Dr Seuss, who I am sure is rolling in his grave at this.) So I have to go sit on a float in either blazing sun or pouring rain in a black ballskirt and a long sleeve shirt. Come to think of it, I suppose if it is raining, I will wear my too-short skirt, and not play at all if it's a problem. I refuse to wear satin in the rain - it will trash it, and I'll be back to square one.

OK, enough whining out of me.