Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Friday, April 30, 2004

Grumble, grumble, grumble

I'm sure this is going to be an extremely regular feature of this blog. I'm feeling frustrated in general. The DVD left for the weekend (I have increased my Relay Rental allotment to 3, as soon as they "approve" it) seems to be defective. This was kinda the straw that broke the camel's back. It's not a huge deal, since I have seen "Heathers" a bunch of times and own it on video. I rented in hopes of seeing if the extra features on the "Special Edition" are worth it. Problem being, it's NOT the "Special Edition", but the same version as I have on video. Add to that that it gets hung up about 48 seconds in, and grrr...

What really cheesed me off was watching the final episode of "Mad Mad House." I swore I wasn't going to watch it, then got hooked. Mostly on being peeved that very few people could see that Eric was playing a game by accusing Nichole of being fake. She wasn't the deepest of people, but she was honest. Unlike Eric. Yet Eric seemed to have Fiona totally snowed. I really wonder if the Alts (the "odd" people who were the judges etc) have been watching the show, and changing their opinions of people. It just seemed that Nichole wasn't going to be able to win, no matter what she did. Which is sad.

Knitting update

Since this is intended as being (at least partially) a knitting blog, better discuss knitting. Current project is Rogue , and the body is complete. The hood is on hold until I can get to my LYS for help in picking up the stitches along the front neck. Tried it 2 days ago and it was UGLY. So I started on the sleeve. Nearly finished the cable, and realized that I had forgotten to increase next to the cable panel, so had to rip it out and start over. Made a few more mistakes tonight, but progress is being made.

Since I don't have a digital camera, I will scan the sleeve when it gets to the point that the cable is done - probably near the last point it will fit in the scanner.