Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Friday, January 15, 2010

Promises, promises

I keep saying "I'm going to blog," but my life is boring and I've already lived it once. So, in a half-assed attempt to keep myself blogging (something I've said before too), I'm sort-of half-ganking an idea from Sprite. She is doing the Winter Words reading challenge, and I'm just going to borrow the concept, but not fully participate. (It seems to be kid-organized, and they really don't need to be exposed to some of the stuff on my list. Plus, less accountability is sorta bad, sorta good.)

So, my word is SNOWMAN

Dying to Sin, Stephen Booth
Baltimore (or Portland)Noir, Laura Lippman (Kevin Sampsell) ed.
The Year Of the Flood, Margaret Atwood
Wolf Hall, Hilary Mantel (currently reading)
Republican Gomorrah, Max Blumenthal (next on the list, due back to the library the same day as Wolf Hall)
Blood's A Rover, James Ellroy
There Once Lived a Woman Who Tried to Kill Her Neighbor's Baby, Ludmilla Petrushevskaya (already finished)

The list consists of stuff I've been dying to read but haven't gotten to (or got for Christmas - sadly, Jonathan Lethem's Chronic City just wouldn't fit), plus a few library selections. (It will most likely be Baltimore Noir, because I don't have a clue where my copy of Portland Noir is at the moment, but if it turns up, I'll read PDX first because I'm more familiar with the city, and I can keep Baltimore for my trip to Maryland Sheep and Wool in May.) So, we'll see how this goes. We'll see if I can get off my lazy but and post more often. A commentary on the Petrushevskaya should follow shortly.