Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Million Little Ends

This post will discuss my knitting. No photos, because I haven't gotten around to taking any. (I blame this damned cold. I'm miserable and drugs are only making minimal inroads. Meanwhile my nose and eyes are red and irritated and on their way to chapped city. Trust me, there will be no pictures of my face for a while.)

Bias Fair Isle is what earned this entry its title. OK, it's not a million - it's only in the ballpark of 450. Still way too many ends. I've completed both bias hems (the bottom of the body of the sweater) and both sleeves. Since the upper bodices are picked up off of the hems, I need to weave and block before I can continue. (Which is why the sleeves are finished too.) There are only a couple of extra pairs of ends (I cut off the wrong color a couple of times.) Maybe tomorrow.

I also broke down and cast on socks. I know I am a sock knitter, I just wanted to make myself work on the sweaters I have on the needles. Oh well. I actually thought about casting on the Embossed Leaves socks from Interweave (Fall or Winter - I can't remember which off the top of my head), but the needles I need for that need repair. I cracked one of them - I think it can be fixed, I just need to get the glue and go to work. However, it was a reminder that I'm better off with metal needles. So I cast on my Lorna's Laces Black Purl for a pair of Pomatomus. It's not the greatest choice for the yarn - the colors are spiraling on the sock cuff, which is interesting, but I think a shorter color repeat would be more effective. I like the effect, but it does hide the stitch pattern when not stretched. (Stretched out on a foot, things may be drastically different. I've got the cuff and two pattern repeats done.

OK, I'm going to haul my butt to my room, down some NyQuil and watch early Gilmore Girls until I fall asleep.)