Knit a little, read a little, watch a little

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Saturday Afternoon...

... a time to wander blogs for inspiration (or just to kill time!) I found the following here

“One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky then the god's a she
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me.”

--One Night in Bangkok, from Chess

Which, of course, has nothing to do with knitting....or does it? :::grin::::



OF course it can be related to knitting. Just think of Bangkok as a knitting shop. Haven't we all felt the devil of temptation next to that oh-so-lovely and oh-so-expensive stash of cashmere? The lure of the mohair?
OK, maybe I just have a real fondness for the song. What can I say, I was a teenager in the 80's - this stuff was really cool then (but I wasn't cool, so maybe it wasn't either, in which case my fondness could be for the uncoolness...)

Also funny (although completely unrelated)are the following:

Indeed, behind eggplant recognize short order cook near.fruit cake beyond sheriff ruminates, or fruit cake around satiate near freight train.Walker, although somewhat soothed by tomato defined by traffic light and inside anomaly.For example, swamp of boy indicates that prime minister from CEO boogie cloud formation defined by.For example, sheriff for pork chop indicates that cigar related to operate a small fruit stand with cream puff for coward.
recriminatory riverside backboard rico deacon recruit

...which showed up in my junk email. Hotmail blocks images in junkmail, so I have no idea what the point of this may have been. I don't normally open junk mail, but it (my junk mail folder) did contain a response to a question I had about Phil'Onde. I liked the answer (which told me I should be fine with my color choice, even though it is thicker than the others) but it was logical, unlike this. When I deleted the important e-mail, this bit of detritus opened up next.

Roger Penske vows he's going to spend the next few months trying to repair the split in open wheel racing. In addition, no doubt, to helping O.J. look for Nicole's killer and getting gas prices under control.

This is the opening to Robin Miller's latest op-ed piece on Speed. The rest of it can be found here, if you want to know most of the OWRS paddock's opinions on Roger's latest statements that open wheel should be unified. See two posts ago for my stance.